Kildare Lodge is a newly expanded experiential tourism location for single travelers, couples, and large groups. The Lodge offers hostel style accommodation on the shores of Cascumpec Bay directly on the route of the Island Walk. Enjoy a paddle on one of our rented kayaks or stand-up paddle boards to the scenic Cascumpec Sandhills system. Rent a bicycle to tour local heritage roads and access the Confederation Trail. Kildare Lodge is a hub for guests to explore red sandy beaches, cliffs, watersheds, and trails. This is the place for adventurous travelers to stay while exploring the North Cape Coastal Drive.
When staying at Kildare Lodge you will feel secluded and “away from it all” while being within minutes of the communities of Alberton and Northport. These communities offer a variety of cultural experiences, local history, restaurants, take-outs, groceries, gas, and other amenities. Stop on your way to pick up fresh lobsters, oysters, or mussels to cook yourself at the Lodge – or dine out at Northport Pier Restaurant. Let our staff help you plan your “Up West” vacation at Kildare Lodge in the beautiful North Cape Coastal Drive Touring Region.
Discover the Location
Kildare Lodge is a newly expanded hostel accommodation suitable for individual travelers, small groups, and hosting large events. The facility boasts two large bunking rooms:
- Room 1 is a private room and contains 8 twin beds in a bunk configuration. There is an ensuite wheelchair accessible washroom with shower, sinks, and toilet. The room opens directly into the shared kitchen space.
- Room 2 is a private room. It contains 8 twin beds in a bunk configuration. There is a common washroom directly to the room with stalled shower, toilet, and sink facilities. The room opens directly to the shared kitchen space.
- Room 3 is a private room with a double bed. Single user, common washrooms are located adjacent to the room with wheelchair accessible toilet, sink, and shower.
- The shared kitchen has extensive cupboards, triple sink, two fridges, six burner stove, microwave, and seating for 20+ people.
All guests are provided with a linen package upon arrival including sheet sets, pillow, blankets, and towels. Additional linens can be retrieved from the front desk.
- Kildare Lodge is also available for a “full-house” rental where one group is able to rent the entire facility for private gatherings. Subject to availability – book today to confirm your spot!
Wireless internet and presentation TV is available.
Guests are welcome to use the onsite fire pit in accordance with fire ban regulations.
Kildare Lodge is pleased to provide kayak, stand-up paddle boards, and bikes for rent. See out main rental page to learn more about these exciting options.